- The Wolfram Edge
- How Wolfram Compares
- Key Capabilities
Wolfram technologies include thousands of built-in functions that let you:
- Design and simulate manufacturing processes with Wolfram SystemModeler
- Develop statistical process control measures
- Design and analyze supply chains
- Design custom engineering components that adhere to tight tolerances
- Develop computer simulations of industrial engineering systems
- Improve manufacturing process efficiencies using Lean manufacturing techniques
- Implement quality management methodologies, such as Six Sigma
- Develop production schedules and establish inventory levels
- Automatically compute design quantities, including closed-loop transfer functions, PID parametrizations, and more
- Predict failure of components
Does your current tool set have these advantages?
Built-in functionality for constrained and unconstrained optimization, statistical analysis and computation, simulation, curve fitting, and a range of other application areas
Matlab requires the purchase of multiple toolboxes
Instant, interactive interface construction using a single command to visualize your simulations, examine prototype sensitivity to parameter changes, and more
Unique to Wolfram technologies
Easy-to-use parallel computing capabilities for solving computation- or data-intensive problems on multicore computers or grids
Extensive programming is required to parallelize processes in all other systems
Matlab requires an extra-cost toolbox
Automated precision control and arbitrary-precision numerics produce accurate results for large-scale finite element analysis and other problems
Matlab relies on finite-precision numerics, which can cause serious errors due to lack of precision
Highly optimized superfunctions analyze your equations and automatically select the right algorithms to get you accurate results quickly—sometimes switching mid-calculation for further optimization
Non-Mathematica computation systems make you analyze your equations manually to determine which function to apply—for example, where in Mathematica you use NDSolve, in Matlab you must correctly choose among ode45, ode23, ode113, ode15s, bvp4c, pdepe, and so on, or risk wrong answers
Complete workflow, from simulation to analysis to typeset document or interactive slide show, in a single document
Unique to Wolfram technologies
Industrial engineering specific capabilities:
- Estimate the lifetime of mechanical assemblies and components using built-in survival analysis functionality ?
- Design and analyze control systems, including models with time delays and algebraic equations ?
- Built-in statistical functions such as ANOVA, standard deviation, and more for implementing Six Sigma and other quality management methodologies
- Estimation of distribution parameters from data and testing of goodness of fit of data to distributions
- Powerful optimization routines for maximizing process efficiencies using just-in-time inventory management, Lean manufacturing, and other practices ?
- Built-in linear, nonlinear, logit, probit, generalized linear, and other regression models ?
- Automatic generation of dynamic reports containing graphics, text, and interactive applications ?
- Free-form linguistic input produces immediate results without the need for syntax ?
- Complete functionality for reliability analysis, including importance measures for pinpointing subsystems that help improve system reliability ?
- Built-in support for more than 4,500 units—including free-form linguistic entry, conversions, and dimensional consistency checking across graphics and numeric and symbolic calculations ?
- Robust support for hassle-free export of your 3D models to various CAD packages, including DXF, STL, and ZPR formats ?
- Integrated image processing capabilities for machine vision applications, test and measurement processes, and other industrial imaging tasks ?
- Automatic interface construction for real-time analysis of working prototypes ?
- Instant deployment of your prototypes using Wolfram CDF Player or webMathematica
- Built-in support for parallel processing and GPU computation with CUDA or OpenCL for high-speed, memory-efficient execution
- Built-in signal processing capabilities, including analog and digital filter design, and signal filtering and processing that can be applied to audio, image, and other data ?
Wolfram SystemModeler is the most complete physical modeling and simulation tool for high-fidelity modeling. With SystemModeler, you can:
- Perform hybrid discrete-continuous simulation and model-based design and analysis ?
- Design and simulate manufacturing processes or systems and compare their performance under different conditions ?
- Perform multidomain lumped system simulation and analysis ?
- Connect seamlessly with Mathematica for the ultimate integrated modeling, simulation, and analysis workflow
Enlist the world’s computation experts to help with your project—any size, any level. At Wolfram, we know what’s possible with computational technology because we are global leaders in creating it. That gives us an unprecedented depth of expertise in applying it to consulting work in a variety of fields. Whether individual or enterprise, from concept to deployment, our computation experts can help you achieve robust results with less time and effort. Get us started with your project today